#TeamGMYN - Great Manchester Run 10K and Half Marathon!
Manchester City Centre, Manchester City Centre, United Kingdom
Why join #TeamGMYN?
For many young people, the transition to adulthood isn’t easy. In the UK, one third of young people are lonely, half feel unready for work and half feel like they don’t belong to their community. What’s more, in Greater Manchester, 1 in 3 children live in poverty.
With the additional challenges of Covid-19, young people have never been more in need of support: one million under 25s in the UK are expected to face unemployment by the end of the year and 80% of young peoplewith a history of mental ill health have said their condition is getting worse.
Our vision is #YoungPeopleCan...
...and we change the lives of young people in Greater Manchester.
We help young people in Greater Manchester overcome this. We deliver a range of development programmes and drop-in activities to help young people aged 13-25 transition to adulthood feeling skilled, supported and positive. Our key focus is supporting young people who face significant challenges, including those with experience of the care system (looked after children and care leavers); special educational needs and disabilities (SEND); and social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) challenges.
Over two thirds of young people are in care due to abuse or neglect.
Care leavers are 6x more likely to be convicted, 5x more likely to self-harm and 3x more likely to be unemployed but your fundraising can make a huge difference.
- £100 provides two children in care with an animal therapy session.
- £200 gives 10 young people a day of work experience with a local employer.
- £500 gives a group of looked-after children 16 hours of guided music-making.
Join #TeamGMYN on Sunday 26th September and help us change the lives of young people in Greater Manchester.
Join #TeamGMYN in the Great Manchester Run!
Pledge to raise as much as you can in either the Great Manchester 10km or Half Marathon. £10 registration fee.
You’ll benefit from:
- training support
- a friendly team here to support you all the way
Terms and Conditions
You must be aged 15 or over on Sunday 26th September 2021 for 10km. You must be aged 17 or over on Sunday 26th September 2021 for Half Marathon
By proceeding, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
- I agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Great Run, set out when you register via the event entry system (GMYN will provide details of how to register).
- I understand that on accepting a GMYN Great Manchester Run Charity Place, I pledge to raise as much as I can for GMYN. (Due to the cost of the places, we suggest that runners aim to raise £150 for 10km, and £200 for Half Marathon), ideally paid in before race day but definitely before 10th October 2021.
- I will set up a JustGiving fundraising page (GMYN can support you with this)
- I will pay a £10 registration fee to GMYN for a GMYN charity place.
- I will follow all registration instructions sent out by GMYN.
- I will complete all the required medical information fields on the back of my race number prior to participating in the Event. Medical information will only be used to allow medical assistance to be given on the Event date.
- I understand that any medical or personal information I provide to GMYN may be used to treat or assist me in the event that I am taken ill or sustain an injury during the Great Manchester Run 2021.
- I will let GMYN know immediately if I have to withdraw from the run.
- I agree GMYN will not be held liable for any injury or loss to my spectators and/or family members on event days and that they watch at their own risk.
- By taking part in my selected event, I am happy for GMYN to use my name and any of my pictures and/or footage from race day to promote GMYN’s work.
Whilst fundraising for GMYN I agree:
- Not to collect in private places without first obtaining the permission of the owner
- Not to collect in a public place without first obtaining the appropriate collector’s license from the local authority
- Not to raise funds by carrying out house-to-house collection
- Not to do anything that will discredit the Charity’s name
Manchester City Centre
Greenfish Resource Centre
Manchester City Centre