Great North Swim - 1 mile swim in Lake Windermere
Hosted at Brockhole on Windermere, it’s a fantastic weekend of open water swimming in the stunning Lake District. Join #TeamGMYN and 10 000 other swimmers to raise money to create opportunities for disadvantaged young people across Greater Manchester!
The 1 mile is suitable for swimmers of all abilities and is equivalent to 64 lengths of a standard 25m pool. The average completion time is approx 40 minutes. You can choose to enjoy a leisurely breaststroke while taking in the scenery or kick into crawl for a faster time!
Join #TeamGMYN in the Great North Swim!
Choose your slot on Friday 7th, Saturday 8th or Sunday 9th June 2019.
Great North Swim 1 mile, pledge to raise as much as you can for GMYN!
You will receive:
As well as the chance to help disadvantaged young people over Great Manchester, you’ll benefit from:
- fun tools and tips to help with your fundraising
- training support
- a friendly team here to support you all the way.
Terms and Conditions
Entrants must be 16 years old and over on the day of the event.
By proceeding, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
- I agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Great Swim, set out when you register via the event entry system (GMYN will provide details of how to register).
- I understand that if accepted for a GMYN Great Swim Charity Place, I pledge to raise as much as I can for GMYN, ideally before race day but before 30th June 2019.
- I will set up a JustGiving fundraising page (GMYN can support you with this).
- I will pay a £10 registration fee to GMYN for a GMYN charity place.
- I will follow all registration instructions sent out by GMYN.
- I will complete all the required medical information fields on prior to participating in the Event. Medical information will only be used to allow medical assistance to be given on the Event date.
- I understand that any medical or personal information I provide to GMYN may be used to treat or assist me in the event that I am taken ill or sustain an injury during the Great North Swim 2019.
- I will let GMYN know immediately if I have to withdraw from the swim.
- I agree GMYN will not be held liable for any injury or loss to my spectators and/or family members on event days and that they watch at their own risk.
- By taking part in my selected event, I am happy for GMYN to use my name and any of my pictures and/or footage from race day to promote GMYN’s work.
- Wetsuit use is optional at all Great Swim events for water temperatures of 15⁰C or above. Swimmers choosing not to wear a wetsuit MUST use an approved high visibility tow float.
Whilst fundraising for GMYN I agree:
- Not to collect in private places without first obtaining the permission of the owner
- Not to collect in a public place without first obtaining the appropriate collector’s license from the local authority
- Not to raise funds by carrying out house-to-house collection
- Not to do anything that will discredit the Charity’s name